“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot”. Michael Altshuler
When I was a child, I was often talking to my friends about superpowers and superheros. I remember, some of my friends wanted to be able to fly, others wanted to be invisible. Talking about myself, it took me many years to finally realize that one thing I would really want to control is time. Honestly, how many times have you found yourself wishing to stop time for at least five or ten minutes?
I will not lie, it happened to me couple of times. Although we are not superheroes and the time machine does not exist yet, you can be in control of time. Here are 5 tips on how to use time in a smart way.
- Create a schedule for the day… and actually follow it. Think what you have to do and write it down. Make it real, give yourself time for breaks and meals. When you first start doing it, you will want to deviate from schedule, but it becomes easier with time.
- Limit time for each task. Think about how much time you need for each task and don’t go over it.
- Create “to do” lists. They can make your life much easier. Just write everything down and mention the date when you want to get it done. Learn more about how to create to do lists.
- “Waste” your time wisely.If you can’t live without Facebook, decide how much time you can spend on it. It is better to make a plan and spend the right amount of time on it, than end up wasting many hours.
- Focus. Remember, it is not about working hard, it is about working smart.